Jan 28, 2022
God will use all kinds of ways to get our attention, and today as we study Exodus 8, we'll see that God get's Pharaoh's attention through an total abundance of things they do not want, in order to show everyone, Jew and Egyptian, that there is no God but the Lord. There's a lot here, and it would be a privilege to have you listen in. Join us!
DISCUSSION AND THOUGHT QUESTIONS:
1. What did the podcast suggest were the reasons why God brought these miracles upon Egypt? What was their role for the Egyptians? What was their role for the Jews?
2. How does Ezekiel 20:5-8 shed light on the spiritual condition of the Jews at this time?
3. Likewise, how does Deuteronomy 4:37 help us understand why God still choose to deliver these people? How does this help us understand God’s mercy and His love for His people even when they sin and rebel against Him?
4. In these passages, how did the so-called “gods” of the Egyptians respond? Why didn’t they respond more dramatically?
5. The podcast mentioned that the Egyptians didn’t worship frogs and snakes and all that stuff because they loved those things, but because they thought those animals represented the gods who provided wealth and prosperity. These days, we don’t look to frogs and snakes for prosperity. Instead, where do people look for these things, instead of the Lord?
6. The podcast mentioned that the goddess Heqet was the goddess of fertility and represented by frogs. What did the piles of dead frogs show the Egyptians about the Lord’s power over life and fertility?
7. Verse 16 Aaron struck the ground and gnats came up. This took on an Egyptian god named “Geb”. Were the Egyptian magicians able to create a similar miracle? In verse 19, what did they say about this miracle that God performed through Aaron?
8. The podcast mentioned that the plague of the flies took on the god of creation and rebirth and rising sun named Khepri, who was represented by the face of a bug. What did God’s control of the flies show the people about their belief that Khepri controlled the daily cycle of life?
9. In all of this, what was the condition of Pharaoh’s heart in verse 32? How do people response similar today, despite seeing God’s handiwork all around them?
The Key Chapters Bible Podcast is a daily, 15ish minute podcast that goes over the key chapters of the Bible, one per day, explaining how it fits into the overall message of God and how it relates to our lives now. Jump in today or start back in Genesis 1!
To see our dedicated podcast website with access to all our episodes and other resources, visit us at: www.keychapters.org.
Available on all major podcast platforms, and now on YouTube.
As always, we are grateful to be included in the "Top 40 Bible Podcasts to Follow" from Feedspot.com.
Also for regularly being awarded "Podcast of the Day" from PlayerFM.
Special thanks to Joseph McDade for providing our theme music.