Apr 26, 2022
What happens when God's people completely violate their covenant with Him? Well, today's study is another history-rich explanation of Judah's demise and the historical and religious events that led up to it. Join us in this important lesson on a key event in the history of the Bible.
1. According to verse 2, how long had been Nebuchadnezzar’s siege against Jerusalem? In verse 3, what impact did it have? If you had endured such a thing for two years, how would you have turned to the Lord?
2. What do the Babylonians do to Zedekiah? How was this a fulfillment of God’s warnings for all this time?
3. What did they do to the Temple in verse 9? How was this a fulfillment of God’s warnings from 2 Kings 20:16-18?
4. What did they do to the wall in verse 10?
5. What did they do to the people in verse 11?
6. Who was Gedaliah and what did he say to the people in verse 24? What would you have done if you were in that situation?
7. Sometimes life brings difficult circumstances. Occasionally, people worry that they are some kind of judgment from God. How does the Gospel help us know that God will never inflict this kind of judgment on His people?
8. Although God’s judgment has finally come upon Judah, what promises do we have about her restoration? What does this tell us about the ultimate mercy of God?